BUNGARAYA ISLAND RESORTBorneo – Malaysia
Polish Bay, Gaya Island, Tunku Abdul Rahman Park
88778 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Phone Number : +6 088 380390
DO YOU WANT TO SHARE ?
- In East Malaysia, on Gaya Island, nestled on the edge of the Tunku Abdul Rahman Park, the resort is a 25-minute speed boat ride from Kota Kinabalu, the capital of Sabah. The Malaysia Kota Kinabalu Int’l Airport is 2.5 mi/4 km, 15 minutes from Sabah.
- Gaya, which has an area of 9.2 square kilometres, is the largest of the National Park islands and boasts 26 kilometres of coastline, which is peppered with beautiful bays and numerous sandy beaches with fine white sand. The island is completely covered with a natural coastal forest, which offers refuge to large variety of plants and animals.
- Quietly, beneath the grandeur of this resort, lays remarkable marine life, home to giant clams and happy clownfish that greet delighted snorkelers and divers on daily excursions.
- A secluded island hideaway of just 48 timbered villas, the resort is tucked away on a tranquil and hidden bay framed by crescent-shaped white sand beach on one side and the centuries-old virgin jungle on the other.
- The resort encompasses 3 restaurants and bars, an infinity edge swimming pool, a sand beach, sports and fitness centre and a Spa.
- Bunga Raya Resort (the Malaysian word for hibiscus flower) was built by local craftsmen in the traditional architectural style of Borneo, utilizing natural materials, such as wood, wherever possible. The generously proportioned villas, which are perched on stilts on the hillside, are characterized by an attention to detail. The uncluttered facades encase restrained yet elegant interiors.
ROOMS & SUITES
Each villa features Frette linens, minibar, Bose®Wave® system, private balcony, large showers, air-conditioning, complimentary bottled drinking water, LCD satellite television and DVD system, in-room safe and complimentary Wi-Fi Internet access.
- (18) SUPERIOR VILLAS (70sqm): large one bedroom villa with a spacious bathroom offer idyllic hideaways and the ultimate in true rustic luxury and equipped with Scattered throughout the hillside above with a mix of secluded Jungle and Ocean Views. They can accommodate a child or an adult in extra bed.
- (8) DELUXE VILLAS (108 sqm): one bedroom and a separate lounge provide additional living space with LCD television and DVD player with surround sound. Splendid Island views from the bedroom or extended lounge salon. They can accommodate a child or an adult in extra bed.
- (10) PLUNGE POOL VILLAS (87 sqm): one bedroom villa with serene scenes of the beach and sea from the edge of the private plunge pool and open deck balcony. Complete with deck chairs for lounging and an indulgent bathtub for freshening up in a spacious bathroom. They can accommodate a child or an adult in extra bed.
- (2) TREEHOUSE VILLAS (90 sqm): a seductive lounge and a spacious bedroom placed high up among the tree tops. Romance needs nothing else, once you enter up the jungle walkway to your hideaway in the trees. An intimate outdoor Jacuzzi or private plunge pool.
- (8) TWO-BEDROOM DELUXE SUITE (177 sqm): Two separate bedrooms (one King Size Bedroom and one Twin Bedroom) and a lush outdoor balcony living space provide an idyllic setting. Surrounded by lush jungle with views of the South China Sea.
- THREE BEDROOM DELUXE SUITE (229 sqm): Perched at the highest point of the property, jaw dropping views of the South China Sea. A truly unique two–storey hilltop retreat, with an expansive master bedroom plus a giant whirlpool bath and matching downstairs bedrooms with a wrap around deck and an indulgent plunge pool.
- ROYAL VILLA (604 sqm): a private 2-bedroom tropical hardwood villa in a sublime location backed by the tropical jungle on one side and the South China Sea on the other. Classy dining areas, comfortable living rooms and a designer kitchen serviced by a designated butler, chef and housekeeper at your service around the clock. An enlarged outdoor deck complete with 2 private plunge pools, a BBQ pit and your own private beach.
SWIMMING POOL, SPA & FITNESS
- Immersion in the jungle home of the ECHO WELLNESS SPA with natural Borneo treatments in private Spa Pavilions, each entwined in the boulders and jungles of the Island. Rejuvenate in the sauna and ice room and relax with stunning views of nature’s bounty. Run miles and calories away at the Bunga Raya Gym.
- A brief trip over a suspended bridge takes the guests to ECHO WELLNESS SPA, an own trademark beauty and body centre. The spa adopts the familiar Borneo style of architecture and decor that is found throughout the resort, and literally takes it to the next level.
- Treatment rooms and private spa pavilions are built directly into the landscape, creating an inviting terraced effect that entwines the spa into the island’s jungle and massive boulders. ECHO WELLNESS SPA features a blend of the very finest of traditional Asian and western treatments, incorporating the intrinsic restorative powers of indigenous plants, oils and ingredients and a selection of natural formulations from the worldrenowned Kerstin Florian line of products. A trained team of therapists put these materials to good use, applying them in a variety of massages, scrubs and facials.
RESTAURANTS & BARS
- THE LONG HOUSE: a modern European Bistro with a contemporary flair with the largest wine selection in the region.
- PANTAI GRILL: set right in the sand at the water’s edge is our laid-back, ocean front dining. Open: Lunch / Dinner – Destination Dining – Stunning over water pavilions provide romantic settings for private dining.
- THE KOI WINE CAVE: underground wines cellar with over, and still growing, 4.500 bottles of wines the likes of Pomerol, Chardonnay and Merlot. Also features an intimate bar, private dining room and cigar bar patio.
- Business centre, meetings rooms (up to 150 persons), concierge, boutique, private transfers from Airport by limo and speedboats, special honeymooners welcome, small cars with chauffeurs inside the resort – gifts shop
- Pool – sand beach – spa – diving at the Gayana Marine Resort – fitness – snorkeling.
- Visit and conference at the Merc (Gayana Marine Resort)
- Trekking between the resorts (4 hours) to discover the trails of Gaya Island uncovers an exciting
variety of tropical hardwood trees, herbs, animal habitats, and forest flowers. Home to hornbills,
monkeys, lizards, and curious insects. Zip line.
- Discover the local culture and heritage as authentic Borneo experience. Revel in the rich heritage and
culture of indigenous tribes through storytelling sessions, culinary, handicraft and art classes or our
varied guided activity excursions. The Gaya Street Sunday Fair, Lokawi Wildlife Park, Mari Mari
Cultural Village, Rasaria Nature Reserve, Kinabalu National Park.