Grand Hotel TremezzoLake Como – Italia
Grand Hotel Tremezzo
Via Regina, 8
Phone Number : +39 0344 42491
DO YOU WANT TO SHARE ?
- With over 100 years of history, the iconic Grand Hotel Tremezzo is located in the heart of Lake Como, with unparalleled views of Bellagio and the stunning Grigne mountains. This art nouveau landmark, which sits adjacent to Villa Carlotta’s famed gardens, is an authentic Art Nouveau palace that offers a warm inviting welcome and the delights of a true 5-star vacation.
- Discover a world of temptations in what we call the T Vacation… experience the pleasures of a holiday with the unique atmosphere and flavours you will only find here at Tremezzo.
- The hotel’s origins date back to the early 1900’s, the era of romantic grand tours, long voyages and illustrious travellers. Lake Como was already an obligatory stopover on the international tourist circuit and a favourite destination with the elite: rich and cultured foreign visitors from England, Germany, France and Austria, as well as Belgium and Switzerland, and even from Tsarist Russia. Enea Gandola was a gentleman from Bellagio who had travelled widely in Europe with his wife Maria Orsolini. After their return to Italy they wanted to create something of class and sophistication on one of the world’s most beautiful lakes, a grand hotel that could satisfy the demands of this new type of tourist. The Gandolas chose this extraordinary location, bordering on the gardens of Villa Carlotta, which alone commands the best view on Lake Como. The Grand Hotel Tremezzo opened on 10 July 1910 with a party in its honour and great public celebrations.
- Today, following in the footsteps of the Gandolas and the Sampietros, another family is proudly carrying forward the Grand Hotel Tremezzo tradition, celebrating a century of charm and authentic Italian hospitality.
- Meanwhile, Lake Como remains as popular as ever. The lakeside resort is back…
- A unique setting that combines exclusivity and proximity: this is Grand Hotel Tremezzo. The most beautiful location on the shores of Lake Como, facing directly onto Bellagio, where the two branches of the lake meet, against the rose-tinted backdrop of the Grigne mountains.
- A strategic location at the heart of the lake, just an hour’s drive from Milan and its airports.
ROOMS & SUITES
Each of the 22 prestigious rooms with view on the Park (35m²) has a peculiar charming detail, a big bow-window or a terrace.
Our 4 luxury rooms with view on the Park (40m²) are ideal for family composed of 2 adults and of one child around twelve. They dispose of a lounge area with a sofa and two big windows that display a wonderful view on the lush garden.
42 prestigious rooms with view on the lake (35m²) will enable you to admire gorgeous sunsets on the lake from their balconies.
8 luxury rooms with view on the lake (40m²) located at each corner of the palace have a shower, jacuzzi and large windows including one with a balcony.
- The Villa Emilia: latest suite of the hotel, located in the Villa, in the garden with private access at the Spa. Composed of one classical yet contemporary designed room, it displays colors such as green, light blue and grey. The princely bathroom has a hammam, a double shower and a huge jacuzzi in the center of the room.
- The Garden Suite (50m²) is located on the garden level and includes a private garden, a bedroom and a large lounge. Ideal for a family with a pet : the lounge can host two children under twelve. Two bathrooms, including one with an Italian shower, a bathtub and a jacuzzi and one with an Italian shower.
- The Greta suite (80m² + 26m² of private terrace), located on the firts floor, includes a bedroom with view on the lake, two bathrooms with one with a jacuzzi, a lounge area and a sumptuous terrace with a breathtaking view on the lake.
- The Carlotta suite (50m²), located on the second floor of the hotel, offers a beautiful view on the lake from its two balconies, and its marble bathroom with two basins and its jacuzzi. A second bathroom can be added to the suite (80m² all in all).
- The Aurelia suite (50m²) is located on the third floor of the hotel and is composed of an entrance, a lounge and a bedroom. Its bathroom with separated shower offers two basins and a round jacuzzi. Its two balconies are perfect to admire the beautiful Ciomo Lake.
- The Maria suite (50m²) is the perfect “honeymoon” suite, with its canopy bed facing the lake and its round jacuzzi in the center of the bathroom.
- The Rooftop suites : located on the Rooftop, they have been revealed in 2012 and ranked amongst the 101 best suites in the world by the magazine Elite Traveler. Contemporary decoration with scattered stylish pieces of furniture, marble bathroom with double basins, large raised bathtub and separated shower, each displays a enchanting view on the lake from its terrace with heated jacuzzi.
- The 3 Junior Suites (40m² and 20m² of terrace) have a lounge area. The 3 Corner Suites (50m² and 23m² of terrace) and the two Front Suites (60m² and 23m² of terrace) include a separated lounge with a panoramic view. The 8 Suites can be gathered in one huge terrace-apartment. Butler on call.
SWIMMING POOL, SPA & FITNESS
- 3 unique swimming pools:
Water On the Water:The floating pool is a sparkling oasis resting on the lake’s surface. A crystal-clear swimming pool set in the blue of the lake, for an unforgettable bathing experience looking over at Bellagio. You can almost touch it. Water on water, blue on blue.
- Flowers Pool:The floating pool is a sparkling oasis resting on the lake’s surface. A crystal-clear swimming pool set in the blue of the lake, for an unforgettable bathing experience looking over at Bellagio. You can almost touch it. Water on water, blue on blue.
- T SPA Infinity Pool : The indoor swimming pool, in the sanctum of the T Spa, is a strip of azure, ultra pure energy. Double infinity effect on Lake Como inside and out and a breathtaking view of the lake from the outdoor Jacuzzi and lounge area. 5 different types of Jacuzzi, including those hidden away in the private grotto plus an exclusive swim-against-the-current workout.
- The ultimate blend of care, professionalism and harmony. T Spa at Grand Hotel Tremezzo offers treatments from one of the world’s most exclusive, distinguished beauty providers, ESPA.
- At T Spa – super-stylish for its design and materials, with spectacular panoramic views over the Lake – our guests will be able to enjoy the very best anti-stress, anti-ageing and rebalancing treatments, all custom-designed to meet the beauty needs of both men and women. In the ESPA philosophy, all products are of natural origin with the best beauty know-how from all around the world, from the Far East to Europe.
RESTAURANTS & BARS
The Grand Hotel Tremezzo carries on its tradition in true gourmet style, by collaborating with the biggest name in modern Italian cuisine: Gualtiero Marchesi, whose task it is, together with our own expert chef, Osvaldo Presazzi, to seduce you every day with virtuoso menus that are light and full of character – a tribute to the flavours of the local area. You’ll be inspired every day by this artist’s creativity. And you’ll be even more inspired by the romantic setting of our “La Terrazza” restaurant, without a shadow of a doubt the most beautiful on Lake Como.
- LA TERRAZZA: The finest and tastiest examples of Italian cuisine, reinterpreted by the Maestro Gualtiero Marchesi together with our Executive Chef Osvaldo Presazzi, served on the loveliest terrace on the whole of Lake Como. The lake takes centre stage on and off the plate, in the food and in the view.
The menu changes with the seasons to take advantage of local produce and fresh water fish, traditional dishes enlivened with a touch of creativity. At sunset the rose tinted Grigne peaks and the twinkling lights of Bellagio offer an unparalleled spectacle. On cooler days and in the evenings “La Terrazza” turns into a cosy conservatory enclosed by huge picture windows so you will never miss the extra enjoyment of the panorama.
And in the morning breakfast is served as the sun rises over Bellagio and a thousand shades of blue dance and dazzle on the water.
- L’ESCALE TRATTORIA AND WINE BAR is the perfect place for a tasting, surrounded by more than
1,300 exquisite bottles of red and white wine, in a journey through the best vineyards of Italy
accompanied by our expert sommelier and enologist. In summer guests can dine on the splendid,
charming veranda overlooking the lake or in the small, romantic garden.
- Also discover the T Bar, T BEACH, and T PIZZA
- Air conditionning – mini bar with champagne – room servicee 24h/24h – safe box – flat-screen TVs,
dvd, wifi, direct phone, bathrobes, hairdryers, ESPA products.
- On request: Laundry, kids programs, airport transfer, chauffeured limos, T limos with our 2 private
boats RUY and Batt.
- A choice of rooms of various sizes to host all types of corporate gatherings: board meetings,
presentations, conventions… and all with the rare advantage of true natural daylight. All are
fully equipped with the latest technologies and can be furnished to meet every specific
- Villa Sola Cabiati : considered one of the most beautiful villas flanking Lake Como
Extraordinarily beautiful setting, ideal for special events and weddings
- Sports in the hotel Private tennis clay court, T Fitness on three different floors to stay
trained, 3 pools
- Sports nearby : 7 golf courses, Kite Surf, water ski, trekking in the mountain
- Villas and gardens: Villa Carlotta 5 minutes by walk – Villa Balbaniello, famous location for film industry (James Bond, Stars Wars…) – Villa Melzi in Bellagio.
- Excursions and shopping: Bellagio, FoxTown outlet in Switzerland